Hey guys! Scott and I are in Mexico for our anniversary trip! I find people are always a little unsure of what to bring when traveling for a tropical beach trip. I mean, you plan on spending most of your time in a bathing suit right?
When traveling to a resort I feel it’s important to research it a little before you go. You’ll want to know if there’s any dress codes at any restaurants or anything like that. For example, the resort we go to asks that men wear a collard shirt and long pants to dinner. You wouldn’t want to get there and discover you didn’t pack what you needed and have to miss out!
I know there’s hundreds of these lists on the internet but here’s what I think about when I’m packing:
- Swim suits – obviously! I bring two (at least) so I can swap them out if one’s still wet from the previous wear!
- Beach cover up – Not 100% a necessity but I don’t like walking from my room to the pools in just my bathing suit! It’s also convenient to throw on to grab lunch because a lot of resorts don’t like it if you go to one of their restaurants in just your bathing suit!
- Excursion outfit – Think about any trips you may take off the resort and what you will need for them. There’s nothing worse than going for a hike and climbing Mayan Ruins in heeled sandals…trust me. I learned the hard way!
- A couple nice outfits for exploring the resort – I don’t like wearing a bathing suit all day. So I bring a couple interchangeable outfits I can wear for lunch, shopping, or taking in one of the shows.
- A fancy dress (or outfit) – A lot of resorts have fancier restaurants you can go to for dinner. It’s nice to get a little dressed up for a night out as well. I know we like to go for dinner and then to one of the shows and sometimes it’s nice to feel fancy!
- Shoes – Ok I know a lot of guys hate it when a girl brings a bunch of shoes, but lets think about this. You need one pair for every day use, a pair of flip flops or sandals for the pool, a fancy pair for nights out, and runners if you plan on using the gym. Right?
- Gym clothes – Ok so some people think working out on vacation is crazy…but I like it! I spend most of the day on vacation eating so I like to combat that with a little workout in the morning. It gives me more energy as well!
- Necessities – For this I include everything from camera chargers to medication! Make sure you write down everything you cannot forget and only check it off once it’s in your bag. Ladies, this includes products as well. You bet my deep conditioner is on my list to help combat the chlorine of the pools!
I hope this helps if you guys are going on vacation soon! Colder months are coming and it’s always nice to get a little break! Can’t wait to tell you all about our trip when we get back!