Stress. Sometimes even the word stresses people out. Life is stressful and sometimes it feels like there’s nothing you can do about it…but there is. There are simple things you can do in your day to day lives that will help relieve the stress you feel. These are some of my favourite ways to de-stress.
- Take a hot bath/shower – There’s nothing more relaxing than sliding into a warm bath or stepping into a hot shower. If you put some epsom salts in the bottom of a tub it also helps pull out toxins and makes your skin so smooth. I also love to put a few drops of eucalyptus oil in a bath or even in the bottom of my shower. It’s soothing, clears your sinuses, and helps with mental exhaustion.
- Colouring – Adult colouring books have been all over the place lately and it’s no wonder. It’s so calming to just sit, listen to some quiet music, and colour in the intricate designs. I bought a “creative bible” from Michaels that I’m loving. Basically it’s a bible that has designs and quotes that go with the readings that you can colour in while reading. I find it really helps with stress relief.
- Exercise – What better way to relief stress than giving it your all on a run, lifting weights, or even punching a punching bag. The endorphins from the work out will lift your spirits and make you feel good about yourself.
- Meditate – This one isn’t for everyone. Some people have a hard time clearing their mind and shutting thoughts out. For those who enjoy taking a few minutes to zone out this is super helpful. There are so many apps or youtube videos that will help guide you through meditation if you’re a beginner (or your mind tends to wander).
- Journal – Sometimes it helps to write out what’s worrying you or stressing you out. Once it’s on paper you can hopefully address it and let it go. Some times if you’re really stressed you can rip up the paper afterwards.
Hopefully you can try out some of these and see if they work for you! Let me know if you have any other ideas!