Hey guys! Scott and I are in Mexico for our anniversary trip! I find people are always a little unsure of what to bring when traveling for a tropical beach trip. I mean, you plan on spending most of your time in a bathing suit right?
When traveling to a resort I feel it’s important to research it a little before you go. You’ll want to know if there’s any dress codes at any restaurants or anything like that. For example, the resort we go to asks that men wear a collard shirt and long pants to dinner. You wouldn’t want to get there and discover you didn’t pack what you needed and have to miss out!
I know there’s hundreds of these lists on the internet but here’s what I think about when I’m packing:
- Swim suits – obviously! I bring two (at least) so I can swap them out if one’s still wet from the previous wear!
- Beach cover up – Not 100% a necessity but I don’t like walking from my room to the pools in just my bathing suit! It’s also convenient to throw on to grab lunch because a lot of resorts don’t like it if you go to one of their restaurants in just your bathing suit!
- Excursion outfit – Think about any trips you may take off the resort and what you will need for them. There’s nothing worse than going for a hike and climbing Mayan Ruins in heeled sandals…trust me. I learned the hard way!
- A couple nice outfits for exploring the resort – I don’t like wearing a bathing suit all day. So I bring a couple interchangeable outfits I can wear for lunch, shopping, or taking in one of the shows.
- A fancy dress (or outfit) – A lot of resorts have fancier restaurants you can go to for dinner. It’s nice to get a little dressed up for a night out as well. I know we like to go for dinner and then to one of the shows and sometimes it’s nice to feel fancy!
- Shoes – Ok I know a lot of guys hate it when a girl brings a bunch of shoes, but lets think about this. You need one pair for every day use, a pair of flip flops or sandals for the pool, a fancy pair for nights out, and runners if you plan on using the gym. Right?
- Gym clothes – Ok so some people think working out on vacation is crazy…but I like it! I spend most of the day on vacation eating so I like to combat that with a little workout in the morning. It gives me more energy as well!
- Necessities – For this I include everything from camera chargers to medication! Make sure you write down everything you cannot forget and only check it off once it’s in your bag. Ladies, this includes products as well. You bet my deep conditioner is on my list to help combat the chlorine of the pools!
I hope this helps if you guys are going on vacation soon! Colder months are coming and it’s always nice to get a little break! Can’t wait to tell you all about our trip when we get back!
I love Canada. It’s such a beautiful country. Sure, I may be a bit biased being born and raised here…but take a look at it in the fall!
My bestie and I took a drive to the Mono Cliffs on Saturday because she was shooting engagement photos for some clients of hers. It turned out to be such a beautiful day and despite the colours not being as vibrant as they are most years it was still a gorgeous little hike.
No I did not hike in this outfit! But I couldn’t resist shooting a few photos of my own while I was there. The covered over pathways were so fantastic!
This is one of my go to outfits in the fall. I loveee these leggings and the little zipper details. They’re super comfortable and have a large elastic band which is super flattering. The boots are another favourite of mine. They have a nice chunky heel so they’re comfortable to walk in and are great for muddy fall. I also think this hat is so cute in the fall because it’s easy to throw on with a variety of different outfits!
Shop my look below!
It’s FALL! Officially! As much as I love summer and am always sad to see it go…my heart is with fall. I love bundling up and being cozy. I swear there’s nothing better than lighting a bunch of candles, soft lighting, and cuddling up under a blanket to watch a movie. Or in my case lately, Planet Earth documentaries (I’m obsessed).
When you have to leave the house though it’s always such a struggle. So why not stay warm and cozy with a blanket that socially acceptable for you to wear all day! Yes, the blanket scarf. Mine is huge and I feel like makes me look a little ridiculous, but I don’t care. I love it. Plus, it kind of doubles as a neck pillow…just saying!
I’ve got to tell you guys though. The pictures of me sitting in the barn window crack me up. My friend boosted me up thinking it would make a great shot and the whole “wall” behind me moved and I totally thought I was about to fall through the barn! So funny!
Shop this look below!
Summer is finally here! I’m so happy! I’ve been looking around on some of my favourite websites for fun things to inspire my summer wardrobe and am loving tropical prints lately. These are some of my favourite things that I found that I’m Summer Lovin…I know…as bad as a Dad joke but I couldn’t resist!
1. This one piece by LA Hearts is just so cute! I’m really loving one pieces lately for how flattering they are. Unfortunately I have a disproportionate torso so fitting into a one piece is extremely hard for me.
2. iPhone case by Richmond & Finch is a great way to switch up your phone for summer. I just have a boring white case on my phone now and will probably be buying this!
3. Nordstrom carries this adorable baseball cap that you can just throw on while out running errands and make your look instantly summery!
4. This amazing beach coverup from Lauren Conrad is light and airy to keep you cool and makes a great addition if you have a one colour bathing suit. It’s nice to be able to wrap yourself up to protect your skin from the sun but still feel the breeze and keep yourself from getting too hot.
5. I’m loving this tote bag from Roxy that allows you to throw in all your essentials for the day! If you’re doing some running around, or going to the beach, it holds it all!
^^ Scott’s dad making fun of me for posing in front of the sign! Haha!
^^ That’s Scott in the black!
This past weekend I took a roadtrip with my parent’s and Scott’s parents to go visit him in Toledo Ohio! It was quite the adventure and took us a lot longer than planned because we didn’t realize the I-75 South was closed through Detroit! Oh well we got there just fine and it was soooo good to see Scott…even if it only was for a couple of days.
While we were there we decided to check out the Toledo Zoo. It was a lot of fun and was a really nice zoo. They had a bunch of new baby animals that we’re so freaking cute including lemurs, chimps and my favourite GIRAFFE’S! I couldn’t get close to the giraffe’s unfortunately because if you went out on the deck they expected you to feed them and we were running out of time (had to get Scott back for his game).
In case you didn’t know, Scott is a Minor League Baseball Umpire so despite us living in Canada he works in various parts of the States for the baseball season (a long six months). So every day he has a game that we have to get to so we don’t have a lot of free time unfortunately. It’s still super cool for me to see him down on the field though and I get to try all the different foods the baseball field’s sell during the games. This time it was a funnel cake sundae…oh yeah!
They had a Beatles Night the Friday I was there and if you know how much I love the Beatles you would know how much I appreciated this. I was super bummed that I hadn’t found out about it ahead of time because I left all my Beatles/Paul McCartney stuff at home! Oh well it was still fun and they had a Beatles Tribute band (The Fab Four) play a little amphitheater outside after the game.
For the trip to the zoo/the baseball game that night I decided to wear my favourite romper. I got this one from a Canadian favourite Stitches last year, but have rounded up a few of my in stock favourites below. Stitches is probably the equivalent of Charlotte Russe, Rue 21 or Wet Seal in the States!
Alessandra Ambrosio always seems to make a simple outfit look super stylish. I love this look on her that I saw on whowhatwear.com. They had posted a few of the items she was wearing as well as the prices and I was floored! When you total it up it’s $1563 Canadian! What?! As a Victoria Secret Model she can surely afford it, but for the rest of us…
I found a bunch of similar pieces to compare to her outfit that are so much cheaper. It’s actually pretty fun finding an outfit in a magazine or Pinterest and seeing if you can pick up pieces from it from your favourite stores. I love how similar the sunglasses are from H&M and they are only $10!
I want to start off this post by saying this is in no way sponsored by or have any affiliation with Target. I just love them and miss them since they left Canada. All those Canadians that claim “it was no different then anywhere else” are just plain wrong!
Have you guys seen Target’s new summer collection? I’m loving it! I’m a huge fan of dressing fashionable on a budget. Why spends tons of money on a piece that you’re going to be afraid to live in right? Target nailed the trends of the season and with the price you can get a bunch of this to spruce up your wardrobe for the season! I know I’m going to the next time I make a trip to the States.
How cute is this racerback dress? It’s such a simple dress that you can wear all summer for any occasion but the colourful stitching makes it so fun! Throw it on over a bathing suit at the beach or wear it to your next BBQ.
This is such a simple but stylish shoe. It also looks to be really comfortable like you could wear it all day. It comes in four colours as well!
This is such a great beach bag! I love the black and white because you can pretty much wear it with anything but the pattern is still super fun!
Check out the collection here and let me know what you like!
I’m off to Rochester this week to visit Scott and that involves packing for a few days. Packing for a weekend tip is a daunting task because you never want to pack too much or the wrong thing. As someone who travels a lot for only a few days at a time I like to think I have it down pat. Here are some tips if you’re looking at getting away for a weekend.
1. Pack light
Ok so this probably seems super obvious, but I’ve seen one too many people with six bags for a three day trip. Try and only pack what you’re sure you’re going to need. If you end up needing something while you’re away you can always pick it up at a store if you’re desperate.
2. Go with basics
I try and always pack simple basics. White t-shirts, light wash jeans, black legging
s, etc are all great and can be dressed up with simple accessories or mixed and matched.
You never know what the weather will be like (well depending on where you go) so it’s better to be prepared. I like to bring a few t-shirts or tank tops, a few cardigans, and a jacket that goes with anything. That way you can take off layers if it’s too hot or put more on if it’s too cold. I also bring a scarf to add a pop of colour and a large bag so you can fold up and store whatever you’re not wearing while you’re out and about.
4. Pack one nice outfit
There is nothing worse than a last minute dinner or night out and all you have are casual clothes. I have made it a habit of bringing one nice dress (a little black dress works well) just in case!
5. Roll your clothes
When packing try and roll your clothes instead of folding them. Folding them takes up so much more space in your bag and rolling them together keeps them from getting wrinkled. If you’re not sure what I mean check out this
fantastically helpful YouTube video!
Hey ladies! It was around this time last year that I was stressing out. My wedding was right around the corner and I had so much left to do. It’s not just the wedding you need to prepare for but showers, bachlorettes, and your honeymoon. It was all so overwhelming and I scoured the internet looking for inspiration.
Seeing as wedding season is coming up I thought I would try and help some current brides out. I pulled together some of my favourite pieces to create outfits for those special occasions no matter which way you have decided to do it! I hope it helps!
Everyone loves to see the bride in white. It allows her to stand out against the other guests and gets everyone excited about the white dress. The first of these three looks is if you’re having a more formal bridal shower and need to get dressed up. The white lace dress is classy and would look great with a pair of nude heels. The second look is for the laid back bohemian bride. Paired with gold sandals it’s laid back but also chic. The third look is if you’re having a low key bridal shower but still want to feel a little bit dressy. The pop of pink heels is super fun and I love the lace sleeves of the dress.
Whether you’re a party animal or not the bachlorette party is always so much fun. Who doesn’t want to spend a night (or weekend) with your best girl friends? If you’re the bar type the first outfit is super cute and will turn heads on your bar hopping excursion. The second look is perfect for brunch with your gal pals or to wear on your way to the spa. The third look is great for hanging around at a cottage for a weekend and relaxing while spoiling the bride-to-be!
Ahh the honeymoon. I would do my honeymoon over and over. It’s so nice to take a trip somewhere with your one and only and just spend time together in bliss. The first look is for a tropical vacation to stay cool by the beach or roaming around the town/resort. The second look is pretty much good for anything, but would look super cute if you were going to a dinner with your significant other. The third look is for the adventurous bride that is using your honeymoon to see the world. It’s comfortable and casual and will take you around the streets of the city you’re exploring.
I hope you enjoyed this post and found some inspiration from it. I enjoyed putting this together as it took me right back to planning my own wedding. Enjoy it brides…it goes fast! xoxo.