Ok so this is something I’ve always wanted to do! I love dolphins and was really excited to get a chance to get up close and personal. Scott ended up winning tickets for us to do this at the resort we stayed at in a trivia contest.
Anyway! This dolphin’s name is Plata and was such a sweet heart. We got to learn all kinds of things that I never knew about dolphins such as they shed their skin every two hours and never sleep (they literally turn one side of their brain at a time).
It was such a great day and I’m so glad we got to do it!
So this post is tooootally scheduled because I knew we would be zonked after our trip! Don’t worry I’ll post all about that soon. I just wanted to reflect on our first year of marriage.
Technically our anniversary was September 17th so this is a little late. Married life is awesome. With Scott working in the states for Minor League Baseball for 6 months it is a little tougher for us. As soon as I get used to having him around again he leaves for another season, and vise versa. I can’t say everything is rainbows and butterflies all the time, but it’s so worth it.
We’ve both been working really hard to save up for our anniversary trip (we’re going back to the place we went for our honeymoon last year…because we love it…). I feel like we haven’t seen a lot of each other since he’s been home since I’ve been at school full time and working part time while Scott’s working a ton and is hardly home. I’m so excited for this trip to happen so we can reconnect, hang out, and just relax while spending time together. It will be much needed!
The resort we go to is called the Barcelo Maya Beach and it is a wonderful all inclusive resort. This will be my third time going there and I’m not even a huge beach person. There’s just sooo much to do there. I’ll tell you all about it as soon as I get the pictures uploaded!
Hope you’re all having a great week.
Hey guys! I thought I would drop in and talk about this new face mask I tried out! I had previously tried L’Oreal’s Pure-Clay Mask in Black Charcoal and really liked it, but ran out. When I went to the drugstore to pick up a new one I decided to try this one this time.
This mask is made from red algae and is supposed to exfoliate and smooth your skin while reducing pores. Sounded like a win to me.
First impression was that it went on a lot differently than the black charcoal one and as it dried it didn’t feel as tight to my skin. It actually felt pretty nice on and has exfloliants in it that you can feel as you rub it in.
While I was waiting for the mask to dry I made myself my lemon and warm water drink that I try to start my day with. This lemon juice is organic, from Italy, and tastes fantastic if you’re looking to do the same. I would recommend lemon and water every morning on an empty stomach because it debloats you, levels out your level of acidity, and is really good for your digestion.
Anyhow! I sat with the mask on, drinking my lemon water for about 10ish minutes and then rinsed of the mask. It came off no problem with a little water and a face cloth (I’ve had others that have been horrible to get off). My skin felt so soft afterwards and I applied a moisturizer to help that as well.
I would highly recommend this mask if you are looking for something to sooth your skin and make it feel really smooth! Let me know if you decide to try it!
**PS this is not sponsored or affiliated with L’Oreal in anyway!**
Hey guys! Scott and I are in Mexico for our anniversary trip! I find people are always a little unsure of what to bring when traveling for a tropical beach trip. I mean, you plan on spending most of your time in a bathing suit right?
When traveling to a resort I feel it’s important to research it a little before you go. You’ll want to know if there’s any dress codes at any restaurants or anything like that. For example, the resort we go to asks that men wear a collard shirt and long pants to dinner. You wouldn’t want to get there and discover you didn’t pack what you needed and have to miss out!
I know there’s hundreds of these lists on the internet but here’s what I think about when I’m packing:
- Swim suits – obviously! I bring two (at least) so I can swap them out if one’s still wet from the previous wear!
- Beach cover up – Not 100% a necessity but I don’t like walking from my room to the pools in just my bathing suit! It’s also convenient to throw on to grab lunch because a lot of resorts don’t like it if you go to one of their restaurants in just your bathing suit!
- Excursion outfit – Think about any trips you may take off the resort and what you will need for them. There’s nothing worse than going for a hike and climbing Mayan Ruins in heeled sandals…trust me. I learned the hard way!
- A couple nice outfits for exploring the resort – I don’t like wearing a bathing suit all day. So I bring a couple interchangeable outfits I can wear for lunch, shopping, or taking in one of the shows.
- A fancy dress (or outfit) – A lot of resorts have fancier restaurants you can go to for dinner. It’s nice to get a little dressed up for a night out as well. I know we like to go for dinner and then to one of the shows and sometimes it’s nice to feel fancy!
- Shoes – Ok I know a lot of guys hate it when a girl brings a bunch of shoes, but lets think about this. You need one pair for every day use, a pair of flip flops or sandals for the pool, a fancy pair for nights out, and runners if you plan on using the gym. Right?
- Gym clothes – Ok so some people think working out on vacation is crazy…but I like it! I spend most of the day on vacation eating so I like to combat that with a little workout in the morning. It gives me more energy as well!
- Necessities – For this I include everything from camera chargers to medication! Make sure you write down everything you cannot forget and only check it off once it’s in your bag. Ladies, this includes products as well. You bet my deep conditioner is on my list to help combat the chlorine of the pools!
I hope this helps if you guys are going on vacation soon! Colder months are coming and it’s always nice to get a little break! Can’t wait to tell you all about our trip when we get back!
I love Canada. It’s such a beautiful country. Sure, I may be a bit biased being born and raised here…but take a look at it in the fall!
My bestie and I took a drive to the Mono Cliffs on Saturday because she was shooting engagement photos for some clients of hers. It turned out to be such a beautiful day and despite the colours not being as vibrant as they are most years it was still a gorgeous little hike.
No I did not hike in this outfit! But I couldn’t resist shooting a few photos of my own while I was there. The covered over pathways were so fantastic!
This is one of my go to outfits in the fall. I loveee these leggings and the little zipper details. They’re super comfortable and have a large elastic band which is super flattering. The boots are another favourite of mine. They have a nice chunky heel so they’re comfortable to walk in and are great for muddy fall. I also think this hat is so cute in the fall because it’s easy to throw on with a variety of different outfits!
Shop my look below!
It’s FALL! Officially! As much as I love summer and am always sad to see it go…my heart is with fall. I love bundling up and being cozy. I swear there’s nothing better than lighting a bunch of candles, soft lighting, and cuddling up under a blanket to watch a movie. Or in my case lately, Planet Earth documentaries (I’m obsessed).
When you have to leave the house though it’s always such a struggle. So why not stay warm and cozy with a blanket that socially acceptable for you to wear all day! Yes, the blanket scarf. Mine is huge and I feel like makes me look a little ridiculous, but I don’t care. I love it. Plus, it kind of doubles as a neck pillow…just saying!
I’ve got to tell you guys though. The pictures of me sitting in the barn window crack me up. My friend boosted me up thinking it would make a great shot and the whole “wall” behind me moved and I totally thought I was about to fall through the barn! So funny!
Shop this look below!
Hello everyone! It’s been so long since I’ve updated this blog. I wasn’t sure I was going to continue for a while there, but I enjoy it so I’d like to get it up and running again. Thanks so much if you’ve stuck around.
This weekend is Canadian Thanksgiving and I was fortunate enough to head up to my grandparents and hang out with my cousins. It’s so nice getting to see them, hang out, and just relax. Scott had to work so he couldn’t be there, but other than that it really was the perfect weekend.
Scott and I head back to Mexico in a couple weeks and I’m so excited to share how amazing the resort we are going to is. So stay tuned for pictures and posts from our trip!
Love you guys!
The Victoria Secret Semi Annual Clearance Sale has just wrapped up again and I stopped by to see what kind of deals they had going on. Let me tell you…I had to rein myself in. They had so many great products for a fraction of what they normally were.
I had been dying to try their body care line for a while but each bottle was around $20 CAN so it was hard for me to justify. I didn’t want to just buy one, I wanted to try all four! Low and behold for the clearance sale they had the four main products for $5 each! What? So I got the four I wanted to try for the price you would normally pay for one! Craziness!
So I bought the Soothing Scrub Wash in Shea, Ultrarich Creme Wash in Coconut Milk, Hydrating Body Lotion in Shea, and the Weightless Body Oil in Coconut Milk. So I’ll be honest…I’m not sure if you’re supposed to use all four products in one go seeing as there’s two body washes and two moisturizers, but they all are numbered on the back from 1 to 4 so I went for it.
I enjoyed the soothing scrub because it smelled so darn good and the scrub itself is very fine and felt gentle on my skin. The creme wash smelled equally as good and lathered nicely so I felt really clean afterwards. I could tell my skin was a lot smoother stepping out of the shower already, but after applying the hydrating lotion I could really tell. My knees and elbows really benefited from this thick lotion and I just felt my elbow while writing this to confirm that they still feel great a few days later haha! So the oil felt a bit weird to me. I had never really used oil on my skin before and I felt a bit shiny after. I had to wait a few minutes before dressing because I still had a slick feeling on my skin. A little while later after the oil fully absorbed into my skin I couldn’t get over how my skin felt. Is this Victoria’s Secret? haha!
So all in all I’ve very impressed with this line. Like I said: no idea if you are supposed to use it as a set, but it works! I may just pick one cleanser while in the shower and one moisturizer for when I get out and mix and match the combos to see what works best for me. Let me know if you have ever tried these products, what you thought, or if you’d like to! Oh, and this is 100% not sponsored I just really like these products!
Summer is finally here! I’m so happy! I’ve been looking around on some of my favourite websites for fun things to inspire my summer wardrobe and am loving tropical prints lately. These are some of my favourite things that I found that I’m Summer Lovin…I know…as bad as a Dad joke but I couldn’t resist!
1. This one piece by LA Hearts is just so cute! I’m really loving one pieces lately for how flattering they are. Unfortunately I have a disproportionate torso so fitting into a one piece is extremely hard for me.
2. iPhone case by Richmond & Finch is a great way to switch up your phone for summer. I just have a boring white case on my phone now and will probably be buying this!
3. Nordstrom carries this adorable baseball cap that you can just throw on while out running errands and make your look instantly summery!
4. This amazing beach coverup from Lauren Conrad is light and airy to keep you cool and makes a great addition if you have a one colour bathing suit. It’s nice to be able to wrap yourself up to protect your skin from the sun but still feel the breeze and keep yourself from getting too hot.
5. I’m loving this tote bag from Roxy that allows you to throw in all your essentials for the day! If you’re doing some running around, or going to the beach, it holds it all!